You are here: Hollywood CG School of Digital Arts»Transfer Students

Transfer Students


Shepherd welcomes the transfer of coursework from accredited institutions. (Such institutions have been accredited by an agency that is, in turn, recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or CHEA. Outside the U.S., such institutions are usually approved by a provincial or national authority such as the Ministry of Education.) In order to request this transfer, you should arrange for an official transcript (signed and sealed) to be mailed directly from the previous institution to Shepherd’s Registrar’s Office.

Credit is evaluated on a course-by-course basis, requiring that course descriptions and credit values be comparable. Only work earned with a grade of “C” or higher is transferable; however, grades from transfer credits do not compute into Grade Point Averages (GPA). Grade Point Averages are computed solely on courses completed at Shepherd University.

Under exceptional circumstances and with the approval of the Academic Committee, transfer of credit may be possible from unaccredited institutions. The same procedures and requirements as previously noted apply. In addition, Shepherd University takes steps to ensure that course work taken at the previous institution is comparable to the course work offered by Shepherd University. These steps include one or more of the following:

  • Demonstration of achievement by means of comprehensive examinations;
  • Review of syllabi, faculty credentials, grading standards, and other relevant learning resources at the sending institution; and
  • Analysis of historic experience regarding the success of transfers from the sending institution.

If a student wishes to apply transfer credit to his/her program, the transfer should be arranged immediately upon receiving your letter of acceptance, and before registering for courses at Shepherd University.

Generally, fifty percent of the semester hours in your undergraduate program must be completed at Shepherd in order to qualify for graduation. More than 6 units cannot be transferred into a graduate program at Shepherd University. Depending upon the program and circumstances, the number of transferable credits may vary.

Some restrictions may be applied regarding the transfer of major course work. Students are advised to be well aware of the transfer policy through a consultation with the administration office.