Position Offered: NURSING PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Immediate Opening)
POSITION DUTIES OF DIRECTOR:
In addition to the responsibilities of the classification description, the specific position is also responsible for:
1. Performing theory instruction in the Associate Degree Nursing Programs.
2. Providing clinical supervision, performance counseling, and evaluation of students.
3. Coordinating curriculum, staff, facilities and schedule for the nursing programs.
4. Working cooperatively and effectively with department staff and clinical agencies to carry out the instructional plan of the program.
5. Complying with the Board of Registered Nursing policies to maintain program approval and standards.
QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTOR:
- Working Experience as a Registered Nurse (or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the board) and Nurse Administrative position in a nursing education
- Current license or privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the State of California
- Master’s Degree or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes coursework in nursing, education or administration.
- Teaching Experience in RN program.
- Strong verbal and writing skills and computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
12-month contract. The selected candidate will be allocated within the salary range upon evaluation by the Shepherd University Human Resources. Health insurance and other benefits are available.
APPLICATION FILING DATE:
All offers of employment are contingent upon Board approval. Please do not apply if applicants are not met the qualifications above.
PLEASE SUBMIT DOCUMENTATIONS #1-3 FOLLOWING (For pre-evaluation):
Attn to Shinhyae Hong, Human Resources Staff
RE: RN Faculty Application
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Email: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 323-550-1313(for 24/7)
1. Letter of interest (Cover Letter) (1 copy)
Please describe in your cover letter how your past experience and qualifications meets the needs of
2. Recent Resume or Vita.
3. A copy of a current CA RN license.
4. A copy of previous Faculty Approval issued by the BRN.