Income Taxes

If you received income while in the U.S., you may need to file an income tax return. In most cases you will qualify as a Non-Resident Alien (NRA) and will file either a 1040NR or a 1040NR-EZ. You can download these forms from: or

If you have not received income, you may file a Form 8843, available at:

If you have worked in the U.S. and your income was subject to withholding, you may need to file Form 1042-S:

The analogous California form is 540NR, available at:

While Shepherd University cannot provide advice on taxes, we can refer you to a qualified tax advisor if you need help filing the proper forms.