Students can access syllabi, power points, assignments, book lists, and web links as well as sharing information between students, faculty and staff.
Policy for Accommodation for the TEAS (Admission Assessment)
All students considering admission to the Shepherd nursing programs must take the TEAS-V nursing entrance exam prior to the application deadline.
• TEAS-V test result should achieve 60% or above for the BSN Program and 65% or above for the RN program.
• The pass score must be submitted with their application.
• Individuals who have completed a nursing course (s) more than 2 years prior to application must take the test.
ABOUT TEAS-V TEST:
Students applying for admission to the nursing program are required to take the Test of Academic Skills V (TEAS- V). The TEAS-V is a multiple choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science and English and Language usage. Each of the four sections is timed for a total a 209 minutes.
• Reading –section includes questions regarding paragraph comprehensive, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusion.
• Math– section includes questions regarding whole numbers, metric conversions, fractions, decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion. Calculators are NOT allowed during the test.
• Science-section includes questions regarding science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, basic physical principals, and general science.
• English and Language Usage-section includes questions regarding punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
The fee for SU students to take the TEAS exam at this University is $45. Non-SU students may be allowed to take the TEAS at SU. Examinees (Students) must pay the fee for the TEAS exam at the SU (Credit Card or Debit Card Only upon the same name on the card of examinees) coming to the Nursing Office to reserve the test date. Seats for available exams will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
Examinees must register for the TEAS exam in person at the Testing Center on that test date. They may only register themselves. Pursuant to SU Nursing Program policy, examinees may take the TEAS exam a maximum of two (2) times during a given application period and two attempts should be apart from at least 14days. At the time of registration, examinees must present a current photo ID and valid credit card for the fees that will go to the ATI Company.
You must create an account and register for the test at www.atitesting.com.
CANCELLATIONS AND DATE CHANGES:
Examinees who wish to cancel a TEAS registration entirely should contact the Nursing Office in person or by phone at (323) 550-8888 as early as possible so that their seat for the exam can be made available to another examinee.
TEAS FAQS(Retrieved from the www.atitesting.com):
Where can I go to purchase the TEAS Study Manual and/or Online Practice Exam? You must purchase TEAS Study materials on our website at our online store. Simply select shop online, TEAS Products, then select which option fits your needs.
I bought the TEAS study package and received my Study Manual but have not received my ID/Password for the Online practice, how do I get this?
The ID and password were sent to you in your purchase confirmation email. If you no longer have this email, please contact ATI customer service at (800) 667-7531.
How do I register for the TEAS?
There are several options:
Check the ATI website for testing locations that allow online registration. Contact ATI at (800) 667-7531
Perform an internet search for “TEAS sites”
Contact the school to which you are applying for a list of available TEAS testing locations
Are additional site, times and locations available to register for the TEAS?
ATI provides a list of available TEAS registration times on our website.For additional times, please contact ATI or your school.
How can I change my TEAS test date?
If you registered directly with the school, please contact your school. If you registered online at atitesting.com, all registrations are final. If unable to attend the scheduled test date, you must re-register and pay for a new exam date.
How can I send a copy of my TEAS score/TEAS transcript to another school?
Go to ATI’s online store and select the TEAS Transcript fee, there is a $27 charge. Transcripts are sent immediately by email.